Your home or apartment should be a place you want to live in and enjoy…your refuge from the outside world. That’s not an option if you are overwhelmed by overflowing drawers and overstuffed closets, unable to find what you need, or embarrassed to have people over. In Its Place provides organizing services for every room in your home. We are your:
Getting started is often the hardest part – and the initial needs assessment consultation is a good place to start. During this 1½ hour session, we do a walk-through of your home or apartment to
- Determine what is and isn’t working
- Assess your wants, needs, and goals
- Provide recommendations and suggestions
- Develop a strategy for moving forward
The initial consultation helps to provide clarity about what you would like to see happen and momentum to begin the organizing process.
Comments often made by clients during a consultation:
- “That makes so much sense! I never thought about doing it that way.”
- “So many good ideas – I feel like I can actually get started now!”
- “It doesn’t seem as overwhelming now.”
Contact In Its Place to schedule a Needs Assessment Consultation.
Hands-on Organizing Sessions
In Its Place also provides hands-on organizing services to assist with sorting your belongings and deciding what to keep and what no longer fits in your life. In these three-hour-minimum sessions, we use the information from your consultation as a basis for helping you make those decisions. We utilize elements of space planning to enhance traffic flow and how you feel in each room and create systems for using and storing the items you keep so that your space and the “stuff” in it ultimately look good, function efficiently, and support how YOU want to live.
Most clients find it beneficial to have a professional organizer work alongside them throughout the organizing process, not only to keep them on task and reach their goals but also to learn new skills and behaviors that help them stay organized.
Not sure what to do with what you don’t want to keep? In Its Place can find new “homes” for those items through recycling, donation, sale, and/or consignment.
Contact In Its Place to schedule a Hands-on Organizing Session.
Some clients consider it useful to have In Its Place return on a regular basis to assist in maintaining their newly organized space or to help them make adjustments based on changing needs. The frequency of these sessions is determined on an individual basis.
Moving to a new home or preparing to sell your current house can seem daunting. These life changing events are often hectic and stressful, so the services of In Its Place are designed to assist you throughout this transition. And if you are a real estate agent, In Its Place can work with your client before you take those listing photos, making it easier for you to sell the house.
What are the benefits of organizing and staging your house?
- Create a dynamic first impression that enables prospective buyers to see themselves living in your house
- Improve your chances of getting your asking price and selling more quickly
- Maintain your house with less stress while it’s being shown
- Eliminate the cost of moving unneeded or unused items
- Streamline the moving process
Contact In Its Place to learn more about Organizing to Move & Staging to Sell.©
If you are a senior, a baby boomer, or a young professional on the go and transitioning to a smaller home or living space, In Its Place can help to make the process seamless.
Move-out Organizing Services:
- Determine the “fit” of your belongings and help you decide what to take
- Develop a plan for packing and unpacking
- Provide resources for/take care of unwanted items for sale, donation, and recycling
- Coordinate the process with movers, family members, and facility staff (if applicable)
Move-in/Relocation Organizing Services:
- Unpack and get you settled in your new space
- Create organization and flow that looks good and is functional for you
- Remove boxes, packing materials, and any remaining unwanted items for sale, donation, and recycling.
Contact In Its Place with your questions or call 724.850.7282 today.
In Its Place provides professional home organizing and office organizing services. Our service area includes but is not limited to the following southwestern PA counties: Allegheny, Butler, Fayette, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland.
In Its Place works in and around the Pittsburgh region, including the communities of: Allison Park, Apollo, Belle Vernon, Bloomfield, Butler, California, Carnegie, Churchill, Coraopolis, Delmont, Derry, Dormont, Edgewood, Export, Fox Chapel, Gibsonia, Greensburg, Hampton Township, Hempfield Township, Highland Park, Indiana, Irwin, Jeannette, Latrobe, Lawrenceville, Ligonier, Lower Burrell, Manor, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Mt. Lebanon, Mount Pleasant, Murrysville, New Kensington, New Stanton, North Hills, North Huntingdon, O’Hara Township, Penn Hills, Penn Township, Pittsburgh, Pleasant Hills, Plum, Point Breeze, Regent Square, Ross Township, Salem Township, Scottdale, Shadyside, Shaler, Somerset, Squirrel Hill, Swissvale, Trafford, Uniontown, Vandergrift, West Mifflin, White Oak, and Youngwood.
Don’t see your location? Just ask!